Founded in 1981 by John Graham, Churchill’s was the first British Port wine company to have been established in over 50 years. In only 30 years of trading, however, the company has built an enviable reputation for producing Port Wines of the highest quality, reflected by their impressive performance at comparative tastings over time.
In 1999 Churchill’s bought Quinta Da Gricha, a 50 hectare Grade “A” vineyard estate situated on the south bank of River Douro between Pinhao and Tua, in prestigious Cima Corgo sub-region of the demarcated Douro Port Wine region.
All Churchill’s ports are produced at the Quinta da Gricha winery in the traditional granite “lagares” or treading tanks built in 1852.
Churchill’s is today positioned in the industry as a high quality “boutique” Port and Douro Wine Company, specializing in premium Port and Douro Wine categories.